On successful completion of this course, the student, with the aid of the appropriate reference materials, should be able to:
- Use the EXPLAIN facility in DB2 to understand the physical access strategies used in fulfilling DB2 queries
- Construct complex queries in SQL, using relational joins to accomplish efficient data retrieval from multiple tables
- Know when and how to use sub-queries in SQL
- Understand and use CASE expressions and nested table expressions
- Understand the performance implications of various SQL coding techniques.
© Copyright 2012, Hunter Cobb, www.TrainersFriend.com