On successful completion of this course, the student, with the aid of the appropriate reference materials, should be able to:
- Use the compile and run-time facilities of PL/I to determine the cause of a program bug
- Describe the outputs of the IBM Enterprise PL/I compiler, and use these outputs effectively in problem determination
- Understand the structure of the Pl/I run time environment, and be able to find data elements in a PLIDUMP output listing
- Approach debugging in an orderly, efficient fashion
- Understand how PL/I calls, and passes parameters to subroutines
- Use the Binder map to determine in which CSECT an address is located.
© Copyright 2012, Hunter Cobb, www.TrainersFriend.com