On successful completion of this course, the student, with the aid of the appropriate reference materials, should be able to:
- Describe the basic elements of the PL/I language
- Code PL/I programs that handle sequential processing of CONSECUTIVE files, using move mode record I/O
- Design a program using pseudocode to arrive at a solid structured design for implementation in PL/I
- Handle most programming applications for batch jobs: file transfers, reports (including page breaks and control breaks), and match merge applications
- Code PL/I programs that handle arrays and tables
- Use limited stream I/O functions, primarily for debugging.
© Copyright 2012, Hunter Cobb, www.TrainersFriend.com